SEPTEMBER 25-26, 2019
Join us September 25-26 in Eugene for our second annual WORKing Together conference. This statewide conference brings together businesses, policymakers, elected officials, educators, and community partners ready to engage in finding solutions together.
Book Your Hotel:
Reserve your guestroom now at The Graduate Hotel Eugene, we ask that all participants book their reservations at the host hotel.
Click the button below or call the reservations line at (413) 821-3144 and refer to booking code: WORK
CONFERENCE PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
General Session Highlights:
Reimagining Leadership, Darcy Winslow
Dr. John Landis, Apple, Inc.
Val Hoyle, Commissioner of Labor and Industries, State of Oregon
Workforce Innovation Around Oregon
Four breakout sessions to learn and collaborate on our theme of Reimagining:
- Breaking Silos: Improving Prosperity through Designed Collaboration
- Workforce Development as a Tool for Equity
- How Tech Companies are Defining the Future of Work through Culture and Benefits
- An Innovative Approach to Supporting the Success of Emerging Bi-Lingual Students in the COCC Early Childhood Education Program
- The Future of Work: Will Robots Reign?
- Service to Careers: Connecting to the Community, Exploring the Future
- Occupational Training and Child Care Collaboration
- Building English Language Skills for Current and Future Nonnative English Speaking Employees.
- Quantum Innovations – Cultivating a Culture that Serves Customers, Employees and the Community
- Second Chance Workshop, Dave’s Killer Bread
- Reimagining Healthcare Apprenticeships: Industry Driven; Career Focused; Community Supported
- Building Human Capital: Designing Curricula for Skilled Immigrant Learners
- Digital Enablement & Badging
- Career-Building Curriculums
Darcy Winslow is President, Founder and Faculty of the Academy for Systems Change. Darcy worked at Nike, Inc. for over 20 years holding numerous senior management positions within the business and the Nike Foundation, including creating the Sustainable Business Strategies division in 1999, Senior Advisor to the Nike Foundation and as General Manager for Nike’s Global Women’s Footwear, Apparel and Equipment business.
In 2008, Darcy founded DSW Collective, LLC, focusing on the alignment of organizational values and principles with the development and implementation of practical yet aggressive systemic sustainable design strategies. The Collective consists of experienced practitioners in sustainability, business strategy, leadership, facilitation, organizational development, change management, system dynamics, and culture.
Val Hoyle served as a member and chairperson of the Oregon District Export Council from 2003–2010 and got involved in local politics to support public education, eventually serving as the Oregon State Representative for West Eugene and Junction City.
In 2012, Hoyle was elected by her legislative colleagues as House Majority Leader and served in that role through the 2015 legislative session. Following her service in the capitol, she worked with the University of Oregon Wayne Morse Center for Law and Politics. In May of 2018, Hoyle was elected to be the 10th Oregon Commissioner of the Bureau of Labor and Industries.
DR. JON LANDIS
Dr. Jon Landis is part of the U.S. National Education Development team at Apple, working with school leaders to leverage technology to transform learning. Prior to joining Apple, Dr. Landis served as a college of education professor, chemistry teacher, principal, curriculum director, and information technology director in Pennsylvania. He holds a PhD in Sociology,an MEd in Education Leadership, and a BS in Chemistry.
Apple revolutionized personal technology with the introduction of the Macintosh computer in 1984. Since then Apple has designed products and programs that help unleash the creative potential in every individual, no matter how they learn and what they love to do. Apple Education is dedicated to helping schools around the world expand what’s possible for learning, create new opportunities for teaching, and establish dynamic environments that inspire both.
Shared Keynote Partner